This time next week, we’ll be in the Computer Lab, setting up our mobile pit and staring in wonder at the other roboteer’s creations.
So where are we?
Its always easier to list the things which still remain to be done, so lets start with those:
- Make more options configurable via the command line UI
- Finish our ball flinger (for the skittles event)
- Add decorative touches to the robot
- Get the connection to the IMU working properly and write code to process the output into a useful form
- Integrate that data into the event code
- Lots of motion control improvements (smooth acceleration, tuning to get the most out of our motors)
- 3 point turn code needs improvement
Its clearly going to be a very busy week!
But what have we achieved? If PiWars were today, how would we do?
- Proximity Alert has code which would do, though it could always be closer
- Speed Test has code which would do, though it could do with driving straighter
- Pi Noon has code which would do and a wire holder which should work, but the driver needs more practice!
- Obstacle course has code which would do (but see above for driver)
- Line following code has code which would do, but it can always be faster
So I’d better get on with it…
We’re planning to be at the meetup at the Cambridge MakeSpace on Friday evening – hopefully we’ll see some of you there 🙂